Saturday, October 13, 2007

favorite sites in Japan?

こんばんはみなさん!

I am wondering how many of you have been to Japan before? I went three years ago during a summer and LOVED it! One of my favorite things (if not my favorite thing) was visiting shrines and temples. So きれいな!Here are some pictures of some of my very very favorite shrines and temples. Visiting these was so amazing, and still looking at pictures makes my heart skip!


This is, I think, my very favorite. It is Itsukushima Shrine, in the Hiroshima Prefecture. You go to it by ferry and see the torii gate in the water! Look at the bright red!


Look at the bright red buildings!


This is at low tide.



Another of my favorites is Meigetsu-in! It is known for its あじさい、or hydrangeas. It's so beautiful and calm! It is in the Kamakura Prefecture.




This is Kiyomizudera in Kyoto. It means "pure water temple" (it is a Buddhist temple). People can go here and collect the water, which is said to convey health, long life, and success. (I'd go for that!) You can see an amazing view of Kyoto from here!





Oh, and I am curious - for those who have been to Japan, what is your favorite city? Mine is definitely Kyoto. (I am a culture/history junkie!) I actually can't really stand being in Tokyo for more than several days - it's so crowded and insane. Nara and Mt. Fuji are also beautiful :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

みやじまはきれいですね。わたしもだいすきです。

Unknown said...

Wow, Kate! The pictures are sooo good! すごいですね。

Anonymous said...

Wow! このしゃしんはとてもきれいです、ね!
I think that my favorite city in Japan was Osaka, simply because I spent the most time there, and got to experience the culture more. Plus, the おおさかの食べ物はとてもおいしいです。

アリス said...

Sadly, I have never been to Japan. Are you thinking about studying abroad there?

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can say that I agree with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is stationary a without question as you did in the downgrade delivery of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=adobe flex builder 2.0.143459 ?
I noticed the axiom you procure not used. Or you profit by the black methods of promotion of the resource. I have a week and do necheg

Anonymous said...

Have you seen just how many people who are around you won't shake hands with you or share your meal. Nail biting cream generally contains aloe and vitamins A and E and all the ingredients being used are natural. First, you must educate yourself on the habit and learn to recognize your own behavior.

My weblog - How to Stop biting your Nails